Summary of Award Approval Process
- Faculty member submits application (including application form and supporting documents). When the faculty member indicates the application is final, all documents are automatically compiled into a single, bookmarked PDF file. DEO(s) are notified of submission via e-mail.
- DEO (or delegate) logs in to review application and submit recommendation. If approval is recommended, the DEO must
- approve the semester or other time period that was requested, or enter a different semester or time period; and
- enter or upload a statement regarding how the instructional needs of the department will be met while the faculty member is on leave.
- Approve the Workflow package in order to send the recommendation on for review at the college level.
- Dean/associate dean (or delegate) logs on to review application and submit recommendation.
- If approval is recommended, the dean/associate dean must indicate whether the DEO’s plan for meeting the instructional needs of the department is adequate; if not, the dean/associate dean must provide a statement of explanation.
- Approve the Workflow package in order to send the recommendation on for review in the Office of the Provost.
Note: Some colleges may give others rights to view selected applications prior to college-level approval (i.e., collegiate evaluation committee members).
Faculty member applying for Professional Development Awards (PDAs) submit applications via the Development Awards portal of the Faculty Admin Center. Application instructions for faculty can be found on the Faculty Development Awards web page.
Each application must be reviewed by the DEO and dean of each department and college in which the applicant holds a greater than 0% appointment.
Access Applications to Review
PLEASE NOTE: This new portal will incorporate a two-step approval process utilizing workflow to move the applications/reports forward. As DEO/Dean, you will have the option to recommend/not recommend the PDA request. When your recommendation is final, you will indicate approval of the workflow package to move the request along the review path. Workflow approval indicates your approval to move the package through the portal, not necessarily approval of the PDA request itself.