To: Deans, Directors, and Departmental Executive Officers
From: Russell Ganim, Associate Provost and Dean, International Programs
Date: March 19, 2021
Subject: Faculty funding opportunities from International Programs with Spring 2021 deadlines
I am writing to announce the following faculty funding opportunities from International Programs:
- Deadline: April 1 (for programming to take place in 2021-2022 academic year)
- The Provost’s Global Forum, made possible through the generous support of the Stanley-UI Foundation Support Organization, is the premier annual event on campus focused on international and global issues. The forum brings together experts from the faculty and leading voices from a variety of areas to raise awareness about and contribute to debate on the foremost issues in globalization that face us today.
- Deadline: June 1
- The Global Curriculum Development Award is given to faculty creating a new undergraduate course, or substantially revising an existing course, in order to integrate international or global perspectives into an undergraduate major. Revised courses must not have been already globally oriented. All courses developed or revised for the GCDA must be required for at least one undergraduate major.
- Deadline: proposals are considered on a rolling basis throughout the academic year
- Funded in part by the Stanley-UI Foundation Support Organization, International Programs’ Special Projects Awards support internationalization at the University of Iowa by providing funding for small-scale international activities on campus. Past funded Special Projects have included visiting lecturers, speakers, film series, exhibitions, and other public activities that support international engagement on campus.
- Deadline: the last day of each month
- International Programs' International Travel Awards contribute to internationalization at the University of Iowa by funding the international scholarship and engagement of UI faculty. Through the generous support of the Stanley-UI Foundation Support Organization, International Travel Awards support international travel for research, creative activity, and active conference participation or other collaborative activity.
- Please note: Per the March 17, 2021, COVID-19 Campus Update communication, “President Harreld may authorize individual faculty and staff international travel for departures if that travel is specifically tied to university responsibilities. Additional information on this process can be found in the travel section of the Coronavirus FAQ page. Faculty and staff inquiries regarding international travel can be directed to email@example.com. For more details, see the travel page of the UI’s Coronavirus website.”
For information about additional funding available from International Programs, please see https://international.uiowa.edu/faculty/ip-funding.
Please direct questions to Amy Welter, IP business manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Russell Ganim (he, him, his)
Associate Provost and Dean, International Programs
1111 University Capitol Centre, Iowa City 52242