Policies & Procedures contains information about many faculty-related policies and procedures, including faculty appointment, review, and promotion; faculty compensation; and classroom and research policies.
- Key Contacts and Resources: Office of the Provost and Collegiate Faculty HR contacts; calendar of events, including development opportunities for faculty and administrators
- Greater Iowa HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium): This is the temporary site of the Greater Iowa HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium), a collaboration among higher education and community partners to assist dual-career couples, recruit diverse applicant pools, build relationships across the state, realize membership discounts, and strengthen our professional development opportunities.
- Faculty Recruitment: Procedures for recruiting, hiring, and orienting new faculty
- Faculty Appointment: Descriptions of faculty classifications, table of faculty rank and status codes, procedures to follow for making an appointment within each classification.
- Faculty Reviews: Procedures and best practices for conducting annual reviews of faculty and five-year reviews of tenured faculty
- Faculty Promotion: Procedures for conducting promotion & tenure reviews of faculty
- HR Transaction System: Guidelines for processing faculty HR transaction forms from appointment through retirement
- Academic & Professional Record (APR): the UI APR project allows faculty members to collect curriculum vitae information electronically