As a partner with the vice president for finance and operations in developing the university’s annual budget request to the Board of Regents, the provost advocates for the needs of the academic enterprise throughout the budget process, and ensures that budget requests align with the priorities of the strategic plan. The Office of the Provost is guided by strategic planning priorities when allocating funds to academic units.
The associate vice president and director of administration and planning leads the Information & Resource Management (IRM) unit, a group of financial, data management, and human resource professionals who support the provost and associate provosts.
Selected areas of responsibility for the associate vice president and director of administration and planning (Don Szeszycki):
- Budget development and planning
- Budget and financial analyses
- Account management
- Institutional data / analyses / reporting
- Administrative systems development
- Strategic planning support
- Report writing
- Space Planning & Utilization Committee
- Office of the Provost management
- Direct the Information & Resource Management (IRM) group
- ProView (Office of the Provost views of selected institutional data)