Welcome to the Emeritus Faculty Council (EFC) website. The EFC represents over 650 retired University of Iowa faculty members living in Iowa City and throughout the country.
EFC represents retiree interests in many ways. Our members observe the Faculty Senate and Council, the Research Council, FRIC, and committee meetings of Hancher, University Libraries, Recreational Services and Campus Planning. We co-sponsor Senior College, work with our sister organization UIRA, and represent UI retirees at national meetings.
Through this website we provide you with important information on:
- Who we are, what we do, Minutes of board meetings and summaries of the committees we observe;
- News that includes key points from our guests and information about our annual Spring meeting;
- Frequently asked questions about retiree issues and easy links to websites for retirement, health insurance, and other issues, as well as the Retiree Handbook;
- A page to let you update your status, address and contact information;
- Service opportunities both on campus and in the community;
- Occasional features highlighting outstanding emeriti;
- Easy access links to Hancher’s schedule, hours of museums and more.
Please explore this site and use it often. We ask you to share your interests and concerns through this contact as well. We need to hear from you to better serve.
Ken Kuntz, President of EFC 2013-2014
This Website is sponsored by the Provost’s Office and we thank them for their support.
Click to update your contact information.