Data and Reports
The Office of the Provost collects, analyzes, and reports to the Board of Regents, State of Iowa, and other internal and external constituencies on a wide range of institutional data, having to do with financial matters, faculty appointments, faculty activities, enrollment management, peer comparisons, etc.
The University often benchmarks itself against its peers and other related institutions. See our UI Peer/Comparison Groups page for more information.
Selected Reports and Data Sources
- Reports of Current Interest
- Common Data Set - The Common Data Set is a survey completed by many participating higher education data providers and used by various college guides. See the Common Data Set Initiative page for more information.
- Departmental Faculty Salary Reports
Annual report of faculty salaries by department, rank, and appointment type, for full-time tenured and tenure track faculty on the University payroll as of November 1.
- Faculty Status Report (requires HawkID and password) - The official report of all faculty appointments as of November 1 each year. This online report replaces the hard copy report that was previously distributed to departments. Use this form to request access to the Faculty Status Report.
- ProView (formerly Review of Operations) (requires HawkID and password) - Aggregate reports of financial, FTE, and enrollment data, as collected from various University-wide data warehouses. Can be viewed by college, department, and fund (according to authorization). Use this form to request access to the Review.
- Table of Regents Reports (requires HawkID and password) - A searchable database of selected reports to the Board of Regents, State of Iowa.